Hampshire has 44 areas in the worst 10% in England for multiple deprivation and 81 areas in the worst 11-20%. (IMD 2019)
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation (HIWCF) is the largest grant-making charity in Hampshire, and gives approximately 500 grants a year to grassroots community causes – “Local Giving for Local Needs”.
We are looking for 100 people who really care about Hampshire to join us in addressing issues of need and deprivation across our county, where some people are living extremely difficult lives.
- These are people in our community who need your help, so making a difference in your community starts here.
- If you would like to support grassroots causes in your community, the Hampshire 100 is for you.
The Hampshire 100 Fund asks you to make a donation of £500 per annum for a minimum of three years. We will collect Gift Aid to add to your donation and manage grant-making to those most in need in our local communities.
Becoming one of the Hampshire 100 enables you to:
- Make a difference close to home and where it counts
- Support a wide range of community projects across Hampshire
- Become involved in making awards, if you choose
- Attend a bi-annual reception and receive reports to see the difference that the Hampshire 100 Fund is making
- Attend Seeing Is Believing visits to local groups to see their projects in action