Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation (HIWCF) is proud to be working with Moneybarn in an exciting grants initiative. As part of Moneybarn’s commitment to Havant, Gosport, Fareham and Petersfield, we are delighted to re-open the Moneybarn Social Impact Fund which aims to support social inclusion. The programme will invest in activities that seek to alleviate the underlying problems that prevent social inclusion and enjoyment of a full modern life. The Fund will distribute £50,000 in grants, of between £1,000 and £7,500.
|Location||Fareham, Gosport, Havant, Petersfield|
|Causes||Multiple Issues & Causes, Social Inclusion|
The minimum request is £1,000. The maximum is £7,500. Whilst the grant can be used to part-fund a wide range of activities, we like to see the impact our support is having. Accordingly, we prefer for our grant to equal at least 50% of the total cost of the activity or project within the criteria specified below. Only one application per organisation can be considered. Applications for Core costs, such as Salary costs are welcomed.
Grants available for the following purposes:
Projects should meet one of the following themes:
- Improving people’s personal finance capabilities (debt and financial advice/education)
- Improving physical and/or mental health
- Providing support which enhances, creates and sustains positive family relationships
- Addressing issues of low educational attainment and improving learning outcomes
- Providing people with opportunities to reduce inequality, exclusion and disadvantage, including projects which increase access to employment.
Community groups, charities, social enterprises or other charitable organisations from the voluntary sector that:
- Have a constitution or other relevant governance document
- Have a management committee/board of directors/trustees of at least three unrelated people
- Have a bank account under the name of the group with at least two unrelated signatories
- Provide a signed copy of your organisations most recent bank statement
- Are based in and supporting people living in Havant, Gosport , Fareham districts or Petersfield town (as defined by postcode)
- We would prefer to fund organisations with an income of under £250k in the most recent financial year, however we would encourage you to explain any recent increases in annual income if this is not a fair representation of your usual financial position (for example, you may have received emergency COVID related funding).
Priority will be given to small, community organisations in areas of social, financial and welfare disadvantage.
The grants panel will look to fund projects and activities that are addressing need identified through consultation and/or engagement with potential beneficiaries and have a clear focus on the positive results they plan to achieve. Projects need to be inclusive of people in the locality regardless of their background, offer wider benefit and be cost effective. Applications for Core costs, such as Salary costs are welcomed.
Grants will not be awarded to or for:
- Commercial organisations
- Sponsorship (including sports kit) or marketing appeals
- Individuals – including students
- Food banks that are not part of the Trussell Trust Network
- Mainstream activities and statutory requirements of hospitals and medical centres (including NHS Trusts), universities, colleges and schools (unless out of school activities)
- Establishment/preservation of endowment/welfare funds
- Organisations that redistribute funding for subsequent grant-making to other organisations and/or individuals
- Expeditions or overseas travel
- Single religious or ethnic groups – we don’t support organisations who are promoting their own values. We would however consider supporting the activities of such organisations if they are aimed at supporting the wider community in accordance with these guidelines
- Political or military groups or activities – although we would consider supporting organisations who support veterans in accordance with these guidelines
- Capital appeals for building projects, e.g. for rebuilding a community centre, heritage centres, visitor centres, museums, theatres or places of worship
- Historic restoration/historic publications
- Overseas organisations – this is about supporting our local communities
- Animal welfare organisations
- Application Guidance