A popular Theme supporting the smaller charities and community groups – priority will be given to groups who support disadvantaged people and who have an annual income of less than £35k. The Theme provides small grants for one off items or small items of expenditure.
All projects should clearly show a local community benefit.
Who can apply?
- Local charities and community groups (registered and unregistered)
- Community clubs such as youth clubs and luncheon clubs
- Community Interest Communities (for start-up project costs only)
- Community Interest Organisations
The fund is “open to all” and will support a diverse range of causes.
Acceptable Project Examples
Provided they do not fall under statutory provision, priority will be given to:
- To purchase equipment – such as new chairs or a new cooker for a luncheon club; toys for playgroups; camping equipment for guides and scouts; sports equipment for youth clubs
- Local community events that bring the wider community together
- Trips and outings to explore the arts, culture and music across the County
- Volunteer expenses
- Hall hire for groups that meet regularly during the week
- The fund is not intended to pay towards salary costs but it will accept requests to pay for coaching fees, a speaker for an event or a training session that includes payment for a skilled trainer
- To help with start-up equipment for new groups, CICs CIOs
- To purchase FairShare food
- Organisations NOT based and active in Hampshire including Portsmouth and Southampton
- Organisation with unrestricted reserves of more than 12 months running costs
- Capital building projects
- Application from individuals
- Public bodies: local authorities or schools
- Organisations whose Objects are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- National charities
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Proselytising activities, ie active promotion of a specific religion or belief system