Administration of the Michael Austin Harlick Memorial Fund has been transferred from Hampshire County Council to the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation (HIWCF)
Michael Harlick who lived in Gosport was badly injured as a prisoner of war in World War II and devoted much of his life to sport in Hampshire, leaving his estate to Hampshire County Council to reward and support sporting achievements of Hampshire’s young people.
Grants provide assistance to sport organisations towards the cost of awards that recognise the sporting achievements of young people in Hampshire, and are available to help with the purchase of challenge cups, individual medals, team award and colours.
Grant award will be 50% of the total cost.
Applications are welcome from organisations providing sporting opportunities for young people of school age in Hampshire, Portsmouth & Southampton including:
– County and District Junior Sports Associations
– Hampshire School Sports Associations
– Cluster groups of schools
– Groups working with young people with disabilities
– Clubs hosting Open tournaments
Applicants may only receive one grant per year
The fund will also support HCC’s Talented Young Athletes programme for those who are resident in Portsmouth & Southampton
- Young people of school age competing in sporting activities.
Acceptable Projects example
- Challenge cups, trophies,medals and cups for Sports Asscociations, School Sports and Open tournaments.
This list is not comprehensive.
- Organisations and Individuals NOT resident in Hampshire, Portsmouth or Southampton
- Applications from private clubs with restricted membership will not be accepted