Administration of the Michael Austin Harlick Memorial Fund has been transferred from Hampshire County Council to the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation (HIWCF)
Michael Harlick who lived in Gosport was badly injured as a prisoner of war in World War II and devoted much of his life to sport in Hampshire, leaving his estate to reward and support sporting achievements of Hampshire’s young people.
Grants provide assistance to sport organisations towards the cost of awards that recognise the sporting achievements of young people and are available to help with the purchase of challenge cups, shields, medals, team awards and colours.
Applications are welcome from organisations providing sporting opportunities for young people of school age in Hampshire, Portsmouth & Southampton including:
– County and District Junior Sports Associations
– Hampshire School Sports Associations
– Cluster groups of schools
– Groups working with young people with disabilities
– Clubs hosting Open tournaments
Applicants may only receive one grant per year.
- Young people of school age competing in sporting activities.
Acceptable Projects example
- For the purchase of awards such as challenge cups, shields, medals and certificates.
- Organisations NOT resident in Hampshire, Portsmouth or Southampton
- Applications from private clubs with restricted membership will not be accepted
- Organisations whose Objects are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- National charities
- International projects and travel
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Proselytising activities, ie active promotion of a specific religion or belief system