The Fund has been established to help people in need around Westquay in Southampton, with grant funding available for local charities, community groups and voluntary organisations running food banks, tackling food poverty and supporting people experiencing domestic abuse and homelessness. Grants will also be available for Southampton based not-for-profit groups working to improve employment opportunities, enterprise or skills development, to offer people the life chances they deserve.
Groups can apply if they are delivering projects across four key areas:
- Food Bank support and tackling food poverty
- Providing support services to people affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Supporting those who are homeless or rough sleeping
- Providing employment opportunities, enterprise or skills development
Charities, organisations and groups local to Westquay in Southampton
- Organisations NOT based and active in Southampton.
- Public bodies like local authorities or schools (except organisations that are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Proselytising activities, i.e. active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
- National charities
- For equipment which will actually, or in effect, become the property of a statutory body
- No capital build or refurbishment