The Business Supporting Older People Fund is an endowment fund set up by Hampshire County Council to enable businesses to assist older people to live long, healthy and happy lives, with the maximum possible independence.
BSOP would like to award grants to small community groups
or community initiatives that reduce isolation and loneliness amongst older people in Hampshire. The aim is to enable and encourage older people to access activities and social opportunities in their local communities.
Local Hampshire groups, whose members are over 65 years of age, can apply for a small grant of £500 towards their activity costs.
- Applications are welcomed from voluntary and community organisations for schemes operating across the Hampshire County Council area.
- All successful applicants will be required to complete an evaluation form supplied by HIWCF at the end of their project or at the end of 12 months; whichever comes first.
- Applications from groups who have already received funding from Business Supporting Older People Fund will be accepted.
Seniors 65+ in Hampshire (excluding Portsmouth and Southampton)
- The funding is to be used to increase the participation of older people in community activities such as bowling clubs, coffee mornings, exercise clubs, luncheon clubs, trips and projects such as men’s sheds etc.
- Applications for activities and outings should encourage members to bring a friend along or increase participation, for example:
- Bowling club is accessed by 20 members locally. Putting on transport for 10 people to come to the events will cost £500 and will enable a further 10 people to attend.
- With the additional funding of £500 an additional 20 older people will be able to participate in the activity or event.
- Organisations NOT based and active in Hampshire including Portsmouth and Southampton
- Organisation with unrestricted reserves of more than 12 months running costs
- Capital building projects
- Application from individuals
- Public bodies: local authorities or schools
- Organisations whose objectives relate solely to benefitting animals or plants
- National charities
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Proselytising activities, ie active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
The fund was formerly known as Contractors in the Community and contributors include:
Cyril Sweett, Mansell Construction, BAM Construction Ltd, Selway Joyce Partnership, Atkins Limited, Baqus Denley King Construction Ltd, Gleeds, Scandor Landscape Contractors limited, Verax International Ltd, Mountjoy Construction, Building & Maintenance, K R Strugnell Ltd, The Hildon Foundation Ltd, Kivernell Care Ltd, Contract Kitchens (New Milton) Ltd, Silver Sparks Ltd, D J Satellites & Aerials, Solent Butchers, Faithful and Gould, Toucandesign, John Hobden Ltd, Wates Construction, Manpower UK Ltd, Locks Heath Removals, Solent Environment Services (Asbestos) Limited, Richardson Decorating