How to give to your Community
Whether you are an individual, company or charitable trust there are many ways you can help to support your local community. At the heart of our Community Foundation is a growing endowment fund that provides income in perpetuity for grant-making to local community projects that are viable, well-managed and which will make a genuine difference. Regardless of your local giving budget, we have flexible solutions to enable everyone to build funds to support their communities.
Donors can create a named fund to support deserving local projects in their area according to criteria set by the donor. A fund can support a geographical area or cause close to the donor’s heart or a company’s CSR policy. This is a low-cost alternative to setting up your own charitable trust.
Donors can gradually build up to a named fund, without having to donate a lump sum upfront. From just £250 a month you can build a lasting fund to support local causes that you care about.
10 reasons to give through HIWCF
Individuals, families and companies can all share the benefits of giving through their local Community Foundation where their resources are pooled, they can learn about their community needs and decide where to give their money. Click here to see 10 Reasons to give through HIWCF
If you already have a charitable trust fund or money set aside for community giving, we can provide you with a low-cost comprehensive grant-making service. We currently run grant programmes for Comic Relief, Hampshire County Council, The Police and Crime Commissioner’s Office and First Wessex Housing Association.
Leave a Legacy
This is a way of embracing the whole community for years to come. Instead of leaving a donation to a single charity or cause, we can help you support your community in accordance with your wishes and ensure that your legacy always reaches the heart of the community where it is most needed.
Make a one off donation
You can make a one-off donation to any of our community funds and we will ensure your donation provides support for your local community projects.
Please click on the Donate button below to make a donation. Please add the name of the Trust or Fund that you wish to support in the ‘leave a message’ box, when making your donation online.
- Dr Mike King Memorial Trust, provides prizes for children at schools and colleges in Portsmouth who have excelled academically and achieved a place in medical school or gained a place at Oxford/Cambridge, helping with course attendance and exam fees etc.
- Surviving Winter Fund, helping older people to stay warm, eat well and remain mobile during the coldest months, please donate your winter fuel allowance if you are able to.
- Heart of Hampshire & Heart of Isle of Wight Funds, tackling the issues of loneliness and isolation affecting older people in our communities.
- Hampshire Hundred Endowment Fund, become 1 of 100 Hampshire supporters in building a lasting endowment fund to support future generations in need
- Island Hundred Endowment Fund, become 1 of 100 Island supporters, pooling resources to help local island people in need, in perpetuity