Our grant-making programmes are funded by our endowment and flow-through funds donated by local companies, individuals, families, charitable trusts, government agencies and through partnerships. We highlight issues of local importance to our donors and award grants on their behalf.
Due to the high level of applications received, there is rarely sufficient funding to support all of the projects that meet the criteria. The majority of our donors’ support is for small charities and community groups, and the average grant awarded is less than £3,000.
What makes a good application:
- Disadvantaged or vulnerable beneficiaries
- Overarching impact on community
- More activities done “with” than “to” those involved
- A clear and detailed budget breakdown
- A low level of reserves (less than 12 months)
- Value for money (high no. of beneficiaries)