Grants are funded by the generous support of the New Forest Trust, Love the Forest partner businesses & their customers. You can find a full list of participating businesses at:
The fund is administered by the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation on behalf of the New Forest Trust.
The scheme is intended to give local organisations improved access to funding and more capacity to respond to local issues and needs.
To go to the New Forest Trust website and apply for a Love the Forest grant, click here: newforesttrust.org.uk/contact/apply-for-grant
Priority will be given to organisations with an annual income of less than £300,000
- Grants are from £500 to £10,000
- All groups and organisations, as long as the work is not a statutory obligation
- Applications must be for Projects, which further the aims and objectives of the New Forest Trust as above.
- Funding can cover more than one financial year
- New Forest Environment
Acceptable Project Examples
- To promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the New Forest.
- To promote the conservation and protection of the commoning livestock, the deer and other flora and fauna of the New Forest.
- To promote the education and understanding of the public in the commoning of livestock, of fauna and flora and the environment of the New Forest.
- Groups NOT based and active in Hampshire including Southampton & Portsmouth
- Applications from individuals
- Public bodies like local authorities or schools (extra curriculum activities will be considered)
- Proselytising activities, i.e. active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
- Regional or local offices of a national organisation – applicant groups must be local and independent, with control over their decisions and finances
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- No capital build or refurbishment
- Applicants applying for more than 75% of the total costs of their planned project.