This year the Isle of Wight Grassroots Fund will support smaller charities and voluntary sector groups which address issues of deprivation in the community, particularly amongst younger and older people.
Not for profit organisations e.g. small island based charities, groups, associations.
People living on the Isle of Wight.
Acceptable Project Examples
We are willing to meet core costs as part of an application and will consider two year funding (with the exception of the Apprenticeship Scheme).
Some examples of those areas where we believe a grant can bring genuine benefit might include:-
- Out of school initiatives providing IT, mentoring, befriending
- Youth club environments
- Lunch clubs
- Exercise classes
- Outreach work dealing with social isolation
- IT classes
- Organisations NOT based and active on the Isle of Wight
- Grants towards the provision of statutory services
- Voluntary organisations, otherwise eligible, in support of statutory services they are carrying out under contract to a statutory body
- For equipment which will actually, or in effect, become the property of a statutory body
- Applications from individuals
- Public bodies like local authorities or schools (except out of school activities)
- Organisations that are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- National charities
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Proselytising activities, i.e. active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
- No capital build or refurbishment or bids for major capital projects such as buildings etc
The Isle of Wight Community Fund Sub-committee will be reviewing the criteria on an annual basis and will change them if necessary to meet emerging needs.