The income and net indexed gains from Ford Southampton Community Fund will be used to support charitable work in the areas of Southampton City and Eastleigh only. Fords priority is to support schemes focused on disenfranchised young people aimed at providing technical and behavioural training to 11-25 year olds.
Large Grants of £6,000, the fund is looking for projects that will help young people to learn new technical skills for example: mechanics, 3D graphics, carpentry, metal work, bricklaying, stores and logistics. Or STEM disciplines such as Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Alternatively to assist with behavioural training for example: Leadership skills, Social interaction, Communication skills.
The larger grants will give priority to projects that support young people that are not in employment, education or training but other projects will be considered.
Grant awards may be used towards a larger project that meets the Fund objectives.
- Young People (11 – 25)
- Young People not in employment education or training (NEETS)
- Larger projects can include other beneficiaries age groups
Acceptable Project Examples
- Practical Workshops to build skills
- Training programmes – over a longer period
- Work experience programmes
- Social Enterprises that offer real skills outcomes for disadvantaged young people
- Equipment for community activities
- Youth Clubs, Tech Clubs activity costs
- Scouts, Guides, Sea cadet etc activity costs
- Volunteer expenses
- Support activities out of school hours
- Organisations NOT based and active in Hampshire.
- Public bodies like local authorities or schools (except out of school activities)
- This Fund does not support Students from outside of the specified geographical areas studying at the local Universities.
- Organisations that are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Proselytising activities, i.e. active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
- National charities
- For equipment which will actually, or in effect, become the property of a statutory body
- No capital build or refurbishment
The Fund will give priority to projects that are aimed at the most disadvantaged young people in the specified geographical areas