The aim of the fund is to support residents, community groups and charities which provide services and activities that benefit children, young people & families. Priority will be given to smaller charities and community groups that have incomes of less than £500k and to those groups supporting the most disadvantaged in their communities.
Grants available for the following purposes (the list is not exhaustive):
- Local charities and community groups (registered and unregistered)
- Community clubs such as youth clubs, sports clubs and luncheon clubs
- Community Interest Communities (for start-up project costs only)
- Community Interest Organisations
- New groups for start-up costs and second year funding
Grant funding will be targeted at those organisation’s or groups who address the needs of children, young people & families through the following types of projects (the list is not exhaustive):
- Working to empower families , children and young people in marginalized and disadvantaged communities
- Social events and activities for families, children and young people (e.g. supporting people to create new family networks and/or keep up with old networks, development of youth volunteering)
- Build community cohesion
- Community befriending and support groups for families, children and young people suffering with mental health problems or those who are isolated (e.g. young carers)
- Advice, information and counselling for families, children and young people
- Health and wellbeing issues relating to families, children and young people
- Raise awareness of benefits of good nutrition and healthy diet in children
- Play, including sport, arts, crafts, and similar activities
Existing and new projects, equipment, capital costs and core organisation costs (including salaries).
- Support disadvantaged or vulnerable families in crisis
- Reduce the impact of childhood poverty
- Help families to cope with poverty and crisis
- Show that the funding will make a real difference to their organisation and the beneficiaries
Please note we do not fund projects retrospectively.
- Organisations NOT based and active in Hampshire. Please note grants are not available for Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight.
- Capital building projects
- Application from individuals
- Public bodies: local authorities or schools
- Organisations whose Objects are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- National charities
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Proselytising activities, ie active promotion of a specific religion or belief system